Frequently asked questions: Why does my mouth feel dry?
“Dry mouth occurs when there is not enough saliva keep your mouth moist and comfortable. The most common cause of dry mouth is prescribed and over-the-counter medications.
Tips to manage dry mouth
- Daily mouth care: clean teeth, gums, and dentures
- Take frequent sips of water to keep the mouth moist
- Chew sugar-free gum or candy to stimulate saliva
- Avoid tobacco, alcohol, caffeinated beverages, and sugary drinks
- Speak to your dentist/denturist about products that can help keep your mouth moist”
For more information visit the British Columbia Dental Association. https://www.bcdental.org/YourDentalHealth/YourDentalHealth.aspx?id=10250