Frequently Asked Questions: How Do I Clean My Denture?
Caring for your denture on a daily basis can heighten your sense of well being and complement your appearance. In addition, a clean denture helps keep the tissue in your mouth healthy and free from unfavorable changes.
1. With warm water, rinse the denture and your mouth without the denture in after every meal.
2. Clean the denture daily using a denture brush and warm water. We do suggest using a non-abrasive denture cream or soap. (Regular toothpaste is not recommended. They may abrade and contribute to the loss of luster of the denture teeth and base)
3. If you have a partial denture: Clean your natural teeth thoroughly with a toothbrush, toothpaste, special toothpick, or interdental brushes to remove plaque.
4. Carefully brush the interdental spaces and the inner surfaces of the denture that comes in contact with the mucous membrane, for about two minutes.
5. After brushing thoroughly, rinse the denture under running water.
6. Brush your gums, tongue, and palate with a soft brush.
If you are unsure what you should do the best thing to do is talk to your denturist.